Kloeckner | Westok Invests GBP1.1M Into Bespoke FICEP Endeavour Saw and Drill LineMember News
Westok Invests GBP1.1M Into Bespoke FICEP Endeavour Saw and Drill Line
Kloeckner Metals UK, multi-metal stockholder & distributor, invest GBP1.1M into their processing portfolio with the installation of the FICEP Endeavour 11 MOD. 1103DDB machine in their Westok plant.
Kloeckner | Westok are a specialist steel designer and fabricator who provides an unrivalled range of cellular, shallow and plated beam solutions. The FICEP Endeavour drilling and sawing line has been built to a bespoke specification giving Westoks customers a service that will be unparalleled in the UK. The Endeavour is a new three spindle drilling line for the processing of Westok Cellular beams and a broad range of steel structural sections. With the introduction of an automated procedure for the processing of cellular beams along with several other innovations, the FICEP Endeavour is a significant step forward in value added service capabilities.
Following Kloeckners on-going investments into Westoks portfolio of technical services, they will now be able to offer:
· NC data import capability
· Automated process for the cutting of cellular beams
· Cut and Drill supplied for beams from 2.5m up to 20m length
· Ability to process Asymmetric beams from 9m up to 20m
· Ability to process cambered beams from 2.5m up to 20m
· Drilling available up to 40mm Diameter up to 100mm thickness
· Interpolated Milling up to 250mm
· Milling function for openings / notches
· Full scribing options available
Edward Skarratt Kloeckner Metals UK | Westok General Manager: We are very excited about the new investment and the additional capabilities that we will be able to offer our customers. The new Ficep Endeavour has been specified based on feedback from our customers and will enable Westok to offer solutions such as cut to length of cambered and asymmetric Westok beams that will help our customers to further develop their own processes and lower their production costs.